Happy Friday! We hope you have had a good week so far. Here are your tasks for today:
Watch the video, ‘For the Heroes: A Pep Talk From Kid President’:
After watching, write down what an ‘everyday-hero’ means to you.
Think about someone you consider to be an ‘everyday-hero’ during the current time in lockdown. This could be:
And: [read the warning below before clicking]
! Please be aware that some of the videos on the same page as the one above may not be suitable viewing for the children – parental supervision is advised.
Once you have selected your everyday hero, choose one of these two tasks:
(a) Write a short persuasive argument, giving points with explanation as to why you think that person should be recognised or has rightly been recognised for their achievements / contribution during the lockdown.
(b) Write a letter to say thank you to the person you have chosen. When writing your letter make sure you include the following:
- An opening greeting
- An initial sentence/paragraph outlining why you are writing
- Additional paragraphs giving reasons as to why they are your everyday hero
- A concluding paragraph: summarising your reasons / reiterating your thanks
- A suitable sign-off. This will be different depending on who you are writing your letter to.
If you enjoyed this week, why not try:
• The CBBC programme, ‘Operation Ouch’ explores all things to do with health. Find games, quizzes, short clips and full episodes here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/shows/operation-ouch
Maths – Arithmetic Friday – yeah!
(You know what to do) Choose the Year 4 or Year 5 paper (or both as many of you like to do!):
We hope you have a great day and a lovely weekend.
Miss Wood and Mrs Canipa